The history of Ficep is also the story of two families brought together by the same entrepreneurial spirit.
In 1930, the Colombo and Giuliani families created “Fabbrica Italiana Cesoie e Punzonatrici SA”, with headquarters in Milan and factories in nearby Gazzada, where it was easier to find the space needed to develop their activities.
Growing industrialisation in the surrounding region fed the growth of the company over the years, eased by smart choices and an industrial mind-set for technological innovation and quality.
Coming out of the gloomy years of the Second World War, Ficep offered an important contribution to rebuilding Italy’s construction heritage after the war.
In the ’60s Ficep set itself up as a model company, both from an organisational point of view, with modern management, and from the work place quality point of view with the creation of a progressive social infrastructure, such as health services, a recreational and welfare centre for workers and professional training courses.
In 1965, the company made an important technological leap forward, with the shift to electronics and the production of innovative automatic numerical-controlled lines for the steel fabrication machinery division.
During years of deep social change, in 1974 Ficep changed its company name to become an “SpA” (Ltd. company), to come into line with the international requirements of the market.
In decades of continual development the real constant remains the original families’ guiding hand, which continues to set the company direction, inspired by quality and innovation.
From the ’90s onwards, in the face of the growing phenomenon of delocalisation, Ficep made a precise choice, against the tide of the rest of the market, by deciding to keep all its production lines and know-how in Italy, and demonstrating a deep attachment to its own territory and roots.
Whilst facing aggressive competition in terms of prices, Ficep has made the most of its own internal organisation in planning a logical network of companies, with small, satellite, highly-specialised and flexible firms, which enabled it to make management savings without renouncing the highest standards of quality.
In terms of innovation, this has been an adopted company philosophy with many patented solutions for our industry, an example of which in 1995 saw the presentation of the permanent Direct Drive linear motor technology for new screw press lines, a ubiquitous product that enables energy requirements to be lessened while maintaining productive capacity.
In the meantime, the international aspects of the Group were reinforced with continued expansion, seeing the creation of direct subsidiaries all over the key markets around the world.
October 1930: Ficep (Fabbrica Italiana Cesoie e Punzonatrici) Italian Shearing and Punching machine Factory is born
Manual shears and the first motorised punching and shearing machine are produced by Ficep
The production of scrap-metal shears begins
Fist productionof shearing machine, bar cutters and screw presses
The inauguration of Ficep fist factory involved in heavy metal mechanical manufacture
The first experiments for automating steel fabricating machines begin with the use of magnetic bands and perforated belts.
The launch of the first numerical-controlled lines for steel fabrication
Ficep becomes a limited company and adopts a new logo and trademark.
Ficep France is established, the fist overseas subsidiary of Ficep S.p.a.
The new hyper-technological decentralized production unit, Dromone 1 is inaugurated.
FICEP HONG KONG is born
The “Ficep Academy”project begins
Inauguration of The FICEP ACADEMY
Ficep is the world’s leading manufacturer of the automatic steel processing equipment and software.