Gantry Automatic CNC Drilling, Milling and Thermal Cutting System for large plates
The complete plate working solution for fabricators and manufacturers of all sizes. The Gemini handles from light to heavy plate for thermal cutting, marking, milling, drilling, tapping, bevelling and more, all on one system with unprecedented accuracy. This achieves the lowest cost due to its minimal floor space, low capital investment and productivity.
STANDARD TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Twin beam box construction for minimum deflection when machining
- Fanuc CNC controls for productive operational reliability and worldwide service support
- High precision hardened and ground helical rack on the X & Y & U axes
- Simple floor mounted installation without the need for special foundations
- Minimal footprint
- High speed milling and drilling with 7,000 RPM spindle speeds and automatic tool changer
- Integrated automatic plate clamping requires no set up and eliminates vibration to achieve high rates of productivity and tool life
- Precision laser for plate referencing eliminates the need to square plates prior to processing
- Secondary X axis increases productivity and permits milling without the need to position the gantry
- Tool changing occurs while the plate remains clamped for precision tapping, countersinking, boring and milling
- Helical milling for larger holes with low cost tooling
- Face milling for bearing surfaces in construction/machine applications and columns in structural steel fabrication
- CNC bevel plasma head for weld preparations
- Multiple oxy-fuel torches
- Down draft or water tables
- Plate marking and layout “scribing” with patent pending technology
- Marking with plasma
- Chip vacuum evacuation systems
The Gemini can be equipped with different optional Hypertherm plasma torches and with plate nesting software package to maximize material utilization with efficient part nesting. Fanuc CNC hardware is provided with a human interface using Ficep Pegaso software.
The Gemini’s mobile gantry design allows for a greater range of plate sizes and thicknesses without concern for the plate weight and material handling due to the simultaneous processing and loading/ unloading. Supplied with plasma and optional oxy-fuel torches, the Gemini can cut plates from 5 mm to 305 mm.
MARKING & SCRIBING
Fabrication and bending lines can be indicated with a scribing tool or plasma marking.
Identification marks and part numbers for fabrication can be added with the scribing tool, plasma marker.
Deeper marking suitable for viewing after painting or galvanizing can be performed with scribing. Center locations for the positioning and welding of parts with reference points are produced with our “patent pending” scribing tool.
DRILLING & TAPPING
The precision of the Gemini provides unprecedented accuracy of both hole to hole and hole to edge locations. The high speed positioning with wide area clamping provides very high productivity.
For larger holes the Gemini’s helical milling and thread milling capabilities provide superior hole quality at vastly reduced tooling cost compared to standard drilling techniques. This can even be done even in 500 Br. material if needed. Gemini can mill holes with exceptional accuracy (<0.004” (.1 mm) tolerance on diameter and concentricity.
For many applications, tapped or shaped holes in the components can reduce welding, fitting and assembly time. Special holes for coach bolts, plow bolts and blade bolts can also be produced in one setup. This is especially useful in mining and earth-moving equipment. For tapping, the digital control system provides high quality threads on tapped holes as small as 1/8” (3 mm) for cable clips, etc. and up to 15/16” (22 mm) for structural bolts. In hard materials or holes up to 350 diameter thread milling is a very simple way of producing high quality threads with low tooling costs.
The Gemini can make weld preps (V, Y, X, K) by plasma bevelling. For precision bevels, milling is more accurate and J groove bevels can also be achieved.
FACE AND SLOT MILLING
On machine parts and many structural detail items, slotted holes, milled bearing mating surfaces, etc. are required. Traditionally these operations were performed on large machining centers or boring machines after fabrication. The accuracy of the Gemini in both cutting and machining means that many of these operations can be performed on the stock plate, thus eliminating the expense, handling cost, floor space and lead-time of secondary operations.
|MODEL||G25 HPE||G32 HPE||G36 HD||G36 XD|
|Min plate thickness (mm)||5||10|
|Max plate thickness (mm)||80||127||305|
|Min plate dimension (mm)||800 x 1250|
|Max plate dimension (mm)||2540 x 24000|
(2000 with bevel)
|3100 x 24000|
(2540 with bevel)
|3600 x 24000|
(3200 with bevel)
|Plasma torches (option)||1||1 (2)|
|Plasma bevel torches (option)||1||1 (2)|
|Oxy-fuel torches (option)||3|
|Vertical drilling head||1||1 (2)|
|Tools per drilling head||8 (24)||24||16|
|Spindle RPM (rpm)||6000 (7000)|
|Spindle taper||ISO 40||ISO 50|
|Spindle power (kW)||15||26||58|
|Max hole diameter drilling (mm)||40||80|
|Max hole diameter interpolated milling (mm)||250||400|
- Twin beam box construction for minimum deflection when machining.
- Fanuc CNC controls for productive operational reliability and world-wide service support.
- High precision hardened and ground helical rack on the X & Y&U axes
- Simple floor mounted installation without the need for special foundations.
- Minimal footprint.
- High speed milling and drilling with 7000 RPM spindle speeds and automatic tool changer.
- Integrated automatic plate clamping requires not set up and eliminates vibration to achieve high rates of productivity and tool life.
- Precision laser for plate referencing eliminates the need to square plates prior to processing.
- Secondary X axis increases productivity and permits milling without the need to position the gantry.
- Tool changing occurs while the plate remains clamped for precision tapping, countersinking, boring and milling.
- Helical milling for larger holes with low cost tooling.
- Face milling for bearing surface in construction/machine applications and columns in structural steel fabrication.
Tool-change system with 24 positions for drilling head
The insertion and removal of the tool, as well as the tool choice, are performed automatically through the CNC. This option is supplied as alternative to the standard 8 positions one.
Device for automatic scribing operations through drilling unit. This device is supplied with a special tool and a self-adapting system, which is automatically adjusted according to the material deformation.
The supply also includes all necessary software-hardware implementations
Plasma bevel head
Plasma bevel head with no. 5 axis for the bevel cutting of metal plates, with the following particulars:
- Axis components installed in the upper part and completely enclosed within the structure, away from the cutting area and therefore protected from the heat, smoke and fume due to cutting process.
- Motors and cables are integral with the upper structure of the head and therefore in a fixed position during the movements of the head’s rotating axes to guarantee the utmost reliability and dynamics to the system.
- Linear kinematics with tool’s fixed centre point to limit the dynamic compensations of the other axes.
- Mechanical and electronic anticollision system.
Up to three torches for oxycutting (propane – tetrene) complete with ‘stand-off’ device and control panel for automatic gas pressure adjustment according to the material’s thickness.